Superintendent Report for Thursday, March 26, 2015
Friday, 27 March 2015 08:46
Click here to view my report to the School Committee for Thursday, March 26, 2015. This report includes information on kindergarten registration, the use of our community and staff surveys, Principal searches, staff recognitions and important student programs.
Recent Public Forums
Saturday, 21 March 2015 23:20
Three (3) Superintendent Forums were held during the week of March 16, 2015. A video of each meeting is available through the links below.
Lawrence School - Monday, March 16, 2015 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LssIt6rGzHU)
Runkle School - Wednesday, March 18, 2015 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM030DWjLN4)
Early Education - Thursday, March 19, 2015 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfB-dVDxzEw)
In addition, Mr. Rowe and I held an FY2016 Budget Forum at Brookline Interactive Group (BIG) studios on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wg-Oqi0-ss).
Staff and Community Survey Results
Friday, 20 March 2015 07:48
School-based results of our recent staff and community surveys are now available through the links below.
It is important to remember that these results represent baseline data that schools will use to measure future growth and performance. We are committed to the premise that these surveys represent one component among multiple indicators of how a school is performing and that they are to be used for school and system improvement.
Specifically, Principals will use these reports in discussions with their staf, as well as with their School Councils in creating School Improvement Plans. In addition, our Senior Staff will be discussing the overall system results, as well as identifying key areas for further study and goal setting.
Two important pieces of information about these reports:
- Responses to six (6) questions that address Principal performance are not included in the public reports. The Superintendent and Principal will use the data generated from these items in supervisory discussions as one aspect of a Principal's evaluation by the Superintendent.
- Similarly, comments are not included in the public reports. Actionable comments have been summarized and provided to the Principal and Superintendent, as well as to others (e.g., curriculum coordinators), where appropriate.
I want to thank each of our parents and staff members who took the time to complete the survey and to emphasize how important these data are to our overall improvement efforts.
Baker School Report
Brookline High School Report
Devotion School Report
Driscoll School Report
Early Education Report
Heath School Report
Lawrence School Report
Lincoln School Report
Pierce School Report
Runkle School Report
Superintendent Report for Thursday, March 12, 2015
Friday, 13 March 2015 12:02
Click here to view my report to the School Committee for Thursday, March 12, 2015. Our last day of school for the 2014-2015 year is now scheduled for Friday, June 26, 2015. Eighth grade graduations will not occur prior to Monday, June 22, 2015.
FY2016 Superintendent's Budget Message
Friday, 13 March 2015 11:38
The FY2016 Superintendent's Budget Message, which was delivered to the School Committee on Thursday, March 12, 2015, is available here. In addition, the presentation slides used during the meeting are available here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw8LZpUG3KzTbHF1akg5bzlORDg/view?usp=sharing).
The budget detail slides, presented by Deputy Superintendent Peter Rowe, are available here. Finally, a link to the video of my presentation can be found here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8eNMLHi_i4&feature=youtu.be).
FY2016 Budget Preview
Friday, 27 February 2015 20:30
The FY2016 Superintendent's Budget Message will be presented to the School Committee on Thursday, March 5, 2015. Click here to view the slides used in my "FY2016 Budget Preview" presentation on Monday, February 23, 2015.
Superintendent Report for Monday, February 23, 2015
Friday, 27 February 2015 20:26
Click here to view my report to the School Committee for Monday, February 23, 2015. This report includes updates on the 2014-2015 school calendar, kindergarten registration and our search for additional classroom and office space.
Superintendent Report for Thursday, February 12, 2015
Thursday, 12 February 2015 16:06
Click here to view my report to the School Committee for Thursday, February 12, 2015. This report includes information on the school calendar and weather-related cancellations, along with an update on kindergarten registration.
Superintendent Report for Thursday, February 5, 2015
Sunday, 08 February 2015 20:34
Click here to view a copy of my report to the School Committee for Thursday, February 5, 2015. This report includes information about Governor Baker's proposed 9C cuts for the FY2015 budget, our staff and family surveys, and a special recognition for Joe Campagna.
School Committee FY2016 Budget Guidelines and Priorities
Tuesday, 27 January 2015 17:44
The Brookline School Committee adopted their FY2016 Budget Guidelines and Priorities on Thursday, January 22, 2015. Click here for a copy of this important document, which provides a framework for our budget development process.
Superintendent Report for Thursday, January 22, 2015
Friday, 23 January 2015 01:07
Click here to view my report to the School Committee for Thursday, January 22, 2015. This report includes information on our Creativity and Innovation Initiative Grant, as well as recognition of a Baker School student by the Massachusetts Municipal Association (MMA).
Override and Debt Exclusion Public Hearings
Monday, 19 January 2015 18:06
The Selectmen are holding two public hearings on the potential Override and Debut Exclusion ballot questions for the May Town election. The hearings are scheduled for Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. and Thursday, January 22 at 7:30 p.m. Both hearings will take place in the Selectmen’s Hearing Room on the sixth floor of Town Hall.
Please click here to view Selectmen Wishinsky's memo to Town Meeting Members describing details of the questions that the Board will be considering.
- Deputy Superintendent for Administration and Finance
- Devotion at Old Lincoln School
- Selectmen's Override Schedule
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, January 8, 2015
- PSB Family Feedback Survey
- "No Override" Scenario
- 2015-2016 School Calendar
- Override Study by Board of Selectmen
- Driscoll School Statement of Interest (SOI)
- Short-Term Space Recommendations (FY2016 through FY2020)
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, December 18, 2014
- MSAN Student Conference
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, December 4, 2014
- School Cancellation and Delayed Openings
- Gifts to Staff Members
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Override Scenarios
- Short-Term Space Options (FY2016-FY2020)
- FY2015 Hiring Profile
- Superintendent Report for Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Presentation to the Board of Selectmen (10-7-2014)
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, October 2, 2014
- Pilot Parent and Staff Survey
- Devotion School Education Plan
- School Committee Opts for MCAS in 2015
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, September 4, 2014
- Devotion School Vice Principal
- Vice Principal - Pierce School
- Early Education Program Coordinator
- Coordinator of School Health Services
- Interim Devotion School Principal
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, June 5, 2014
- Superintendent Report for May 22, 2014
- Brookline Teacher Honored by New England Association of Woodworking Teachers
- Superintendent Report for May 8, 2014
- Former Governor Michael Dukakis Attends Lawrence School Earth Day
- Andrew Bott Named Next Principal of Lincoln School
- Local Artist Donates Sculpture to Lawrence School
- Superintendent's Report for April 10, 2014
- Superintendent's Report for March 27, 2014
- K-12 Coordinator of Performing Arts
- Superintendent Report for March 13, 2014
- FY2015 School Budget Forums
- Short-Term Elementary Space Plan/Capital Subcommittee Public Hearing
- Superintendent's Report for February 27, 2014
- Superintendent's Budget Message
- Superintendent Report for February 11, 2014
- Principal Named for Old Lincoln School
Page 1 of 16