School Committee FY2016 Budget Guidelines and Priorities
Tuesday, 27 January 2015 17:44
The Brookline School Committee adopted their FY2016 Budget Guidelines and Priorities on Thursday, January 22, 2015. Click here for a copy of this important document, which provides a framework for our budget development process.
Superintendent Report for Thursday, January 22, 2015
Friday, 23 January 2015 01:07
Click here to view my report to the School Committee for Thursday, January 22, 2015. This report includes information on our Creativity and Innovation Initiative Grant, as well as recognition of a Baker School student by the Massachusetts Municipal Association (MMA).
Override and Debt Exclusion Public Hearings
Monday, 19 January 2015 18:06
The Selectmen are holding two public hearings on the potential Override and Debut Exclusion ballot questions for the May Town election. The hearings are scheduled for Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. and Thursday, January 22 at 7:30 p.m. Both hearings will take place in the Selectmen’s Hearing Room on the sixth floor of Town Hall.
Please click here to view Selectmen Wishinsky's memo to Town Meeting Members describing details of the questions that the Board will be considering.
Deputy Superintendent for Administration and Finance
Monday, 19 January 2015 18:02
Mary Ellen Dunn has been named Deputy Superintendent for Administration and Finance with The Public Schools of Brookline, effective July 1, 2015.
Ms. Dunn has served as the Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations for the Lexington Public Schools for the past eight years. Prior to assuming her current role in Lexington, she served as the Director of Fiscal and Management Services in Natick Public Schools for four years. In addition, she has served as the Director of Finance and Operations in Needham Public Schools and as a certified Town Treasurer and Tax Collector in the Town of Sudbury. She started her professional career as a Presidential Management Intern with the US General Accounting Office, now known as the US Government Accountability Office. Ms. Dunn has a breadth and depth of municipal finance knowledge and experience that crosses both school and the municipal boundaries.
Mary Ellen is also an active and engaged member in many professional organizations and has received numerous awards for her outstanding contributions. She is a past president of the Massachusetts Government Finance Officers Association and a past board member of MASBO as well as a recipient of the Donald D. Johnson Operational and Cost Efficiency Award in Lexington Public Schools in 2011. She currently serves as an instructor and mentor for many school business administrators in the areas of municipal finance law, policy analysis, program evaluation, and is an advocate for fostering collaborative partnerships within schools and municipal departments. She holds a Masters of Public Administration from Suffolk University, School of Management with a concentration in Government Finance and a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science from the University of Massachusetts (Amherst).
We are very pleased to welcome Mary Ellen Dunn to Brookline.
Devotion at Old Lincoln School
Monday, 12 January 2015 21:12
Check out Monica Crowley's terrific presentation to the School Committee outlining the educational program planned for Devotion @ Old Lincoln School: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRK2-ndKyrA&feature=youtu.be.
Selectmen's Override Schedule
Sunday, 11 January 2015 17:50
Click here to view the calendar for consideration of an override question by the Brookline Board of Selectmen.
Superintendent Report for Thursday, January 8, 2015
Saturday, 10 January 2015 23:34
Access my report to the School Committee for January 8th here. This report highlights our student DECA winners, the work on our high school concept study, and my concerns about teacher parking in Brookline.
PSB Family Feedback Survey
Tuesday, 06 January 2015 20:16
Please complete the 2014-2015 Family Feedback Survey by January 19th!
As part of our commitment to delivering an extraordinary education for every child, the Public Schools of Brookline is undertaking a process to collect feedback from all parents, guardians, and staff in the District. We want to know where we are doing well and where we need to improve in with respect to the educational experiences your children have at our schools. The survey for 2014-2015 will be open to collect responses through January 19th.
Responses on this survey will remain anonymous. Unless you provide identifying information via your responses, no one at the District or your child's school will be able to link your feedback with your or your child's name or information. Therefore, please feel free to share your honest feedback on your and your child's experiences in our schools. The more feedback we receive, the better able we will be to act upon that feedback.
To begin the survey:
Please click here to complete the survey for a child in pre-kindergarten/the BEEP program: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1896593/BEEP-PSB-Family-Feedback-Survey-2014-2015
Please click here to complete the survey for a child in grades K-8: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/PSB-Family-Feedback-Survey-2014-2015
Please click here to complete the survey for a child in high school: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1896502/HS-PSB-Family-Feedback-Survey-2014-2015
You can complete each survey only once. If you have children in multiple grade bands (for example, one child in elementary school and another in high school), please complete the survey for one then return to this message to click on the link to complete the survey for the other.
"No Override" Scenario
Monday, 22 December 2014 12:21
Click here to view my "No Override" scenario presentation to the School Committee on Thursday, December 18, 2014.
2015-2016 School Calendar
Monday, 22 December 2014 12:19
The 2015-2016 school calendar was approved by the School Committee on Thursday, December 18, 2014. Our upcoming year will begin for staff on Tuesday, September 1st and students will report on Thursday, September 3rd.
Override Study by Board of Selectmen
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 22:54
See slides from the terrific presentation by Sean Cronin, Deputy Town Administrator, to the Board of Selectmen - "What We've Learned and Next Steps." (http://www.brooklinema.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/6714)
Driscoll School Statement of Interest (SOI)
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 22:04
We were recently notified by the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) that our Driscoll School SOI had not been invited into the Eligibility Period at this time. A copy of the letter from MSBA is available here.
- Short-Term Space Recommendations (FY2016 through FY2020)
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, December 18, 2014
- MSAN Student Conference
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, December 4, 2014
- School Cancellation and Delayed Openings
- Gifts to Staff Members
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Override Scenarios
- Short-Term Space Options (FY2016-FY2020)
- FY2015 Hiring Profile
- Superintendent Report for Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Presentation to the Board of Selectmen (10-7-2014)
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, October 2, 2014
- Pilot Parent and Staff Survey
- Devotion School Education Plan
- School Committee Opts for MCAS in 2015
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, September 4, 2014
- Devotion School Vice Principal
- Vice Principal - Pierce School
- Early Education Program Coordinator
- Coordinator of School Health Services
- Interim Devotion School Principal
- Superintendent Report for Thursday, June 5, 2014
- Superintendent Report for May 22, 2014
- Brookline Teacher Honored by New England Association of Woodworking Teachers
- Superintendent Report for May 8, 2014
- Former Governor Michael Dukakis Attends Lawrence School Earth Day
- Andrew Bott Named Next Principal of Lincoln School
- Local Artist Donates Sculpture to Lawrence School
- Superintendent's Report for April 10, 2014
- Superintendent's Report for March 27, 2014
- K-12 Coordinator of Performing Arts
- Superintendent Report for March 13, 2014
- FY2015 School Budget Forums
- Short-Term Elementary Space Plan/Capital Subcommittee Public Hearing
- Superintendent's Report for February 27, 2014
- Superintendent's Budget Message
- Superintendent Report for February 11, 2014
- Principal Named for Old Lincoln School
- Update on Short-Term Elementary Space Recommendations
- Brookline Curriculum Coordinator Selected as NSTA Curator
- Superintendent Report for January 30, 2014
- Posse Scholar
- Short-Term Elementary Space Recommendations
- Education Commissioner Visits Brookline
- Steps to Success on WBZ-TV
- Short-Term Facilities Recommendations
- Override Study Committee Public Hearing
Page 1 of 15