Updated District Calendar (some early release days removed)
The communication below provides important information from the Public Schools of Brookline. Translated versions are available at the following links:
- Arabic: الرجاء الضغط هنا للترجمة العربية.
- Chinese: 点击这里查看中文翻译.
- Haitian Creole: Klike la a pou tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen an.
- Hebrew: אנא לחץ כאן לצפייה במסמך בעברית.
- Japanese: ここをクリックして日本語の翻訳にアクセスしてください.
- Korean: 한국어 번역을 보시려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Portuguese: Clique aqui para a tradução em português.
- Russian: Нажмите здесь, чтобы получить доступ к русскому переводу.
- Spanish: Haga clic aquí para acceder a la traducción al español.
- Vietnamese: Nhấn vào đây để truy cập bản dịch tiếng Việt.
March 23, 2021
Dear PSB Families and Staff,
As you know, all students currently in the hybrid model of instruction will be moving to full in-person instruction. This change will be effective for students in grades 2-5 on Monday, March 29; students in grades 6-8 will transition to full in-person instruction on Monday, April 12. Students in grades 9-12 are returning on a rolling basis as space becomes available. Please see this message from the School Committee for complete details.
With this change in learning model, some of the early release days (that had been added to the calendar to provide educator preparation time for hybrid and remote learning) have been removed from the calendar.
A revised calendar is attached and is also available on our website, here.
For your information, the following early release days were removed from the calendar (these days will now be full school days with a standard dismissal time): March 29, April 12, April 30, May 10, May 21, June 7 and June 11.
Please note that the contractual early release days on April 6, April 15, April 27 and May 6 remain. Students (in various grades, as noted on the key) will be dismissed at 12:40pm on these dates.
Wednesdays remain an early dismissal day for all students: grade K-8 students dismiss at 12:00 noon and grade 9-12 students dismiss at 12:15pm.
We thank you for your patience during all of the scheduling changes this year. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call our office.
Office of the Superintendent