Runkle School has two after school Homework Centers (HWCs). One for students in Grades 4-5 and one for students in Grades 6-8.
Both homework centers meet Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 2:40 to 3:40 p.m. The schedule of room usage will be posted in each of the hallways. Homework centers are staffed by teachers and aides. They provide a quiet, supervised environment where children can get started on their homework.
Here are some of the basics:
If you would like to sign up your 4th-8th grader for HWC, please complete the Homework Center Registration Form.If you have any questions, please contact:Donna Finnegan, Vice Principaldonna_finnegan@psbma.org
- HWCs will begin on Monday, September 24th.
- HWCs are free of charge for all students.
- Families may sign their children up for any combination (M/T/W/Th) of days.
- Students are expected to attend each day for which they are signed up; families will be notified any day a student does not show up.
- There is no HWC on Early Release Days. (If it is a K-6 Early Release, then there will be HWC for students in Grades 7 and 8).