Pierce School is pleased to offer HOMEWORK CLUB (HWC) for students in Grades 7 and 8!
• Offered 3 days per week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays) from 2:35-3:35 and is held each day in designated Grade 7 and 8 classrooms.
• Beginning on Monday, October 1.
• Open to and free of charge for all Grades 7 and 8 students.
• Overseen by Vice Principal Jim Stoddard.
• Supervised each day by certified Pierce educators. While supervisors can provide occasional support for students, HWC is not a tutoring service, and students are expected to complete the majority of their work without additional support.
• HWC may be used as a drop-in resource for our 7th and 8th graders; parents may also choose to sign up their students for HWC.
• For students that are signed up, they are expected to attend each day for which they are signed up; families will be notified by email any day their child does not show up for HWC.
• Students in Grades 7 and 8 may leave when their homework is completed.
• There is no HWC on Early Release Days or days for which no homework is to be assigned due to religious or cultural observances, according to PSB policy.
• Students are expected to follow the Pierce School HWC 2018-19 Keys to Success Contract (see 2nd page of attachment). Violations of the Keys to Success Contract may result in disciplinary measures including removal from HWC.
If you would like to sign your child up for HWC, please complete the online sign-up form available at https://goo.gl/forms/P0taij5g1WmqFrrC2 at your earliest convenience. After you have completed the form, you will receive a message within one day with further details.