Signing Up for Times in the Library
Library is a learning and curriculum Partnership: Teachers accompany their classes to the Library
Co-Teaching and Instruction:
- Sign up at least one school day in advance.
- Times may be reserved for upcoming curriculum and research projects.
- Planning with the Librarian needs to be done at least one to two weeks in advance.
- Finalized lessons plans, resources, and dates/times will be agreed upon during the planning session.
Library and Teachers:
|Destiny Electronic Catalog
- Search for books
- Destiny allows for searching by title, author, subject, and keyword
- See immediately if what you need to borrow is available
- Search from the Library, your classroom, or from your home using your PC or Mac, your tablet, or your smartphone
Resources and Educational Websites
Find direct links for additional online resources
Find hundreds of current nonfiction and fiction electronic books:
- Provide your class with kid-friendly, safe websites
- Resources support core curriculum topics
Technology in the Lower Devotion Library
The following devices are available for student use:
- Most eBooks directly support grade level curriculum units
- Nearly all of the non-fiction eBooks are unlimited access – everyone in your class can sign out a copy.
- You can put eBooks on your classroom SMART Board
- Tumblobooks are also available; learn more at:
- 25 Chromebooks
- 2 Desktop computers