April 13, 2018
Dear Lawrence Families + Caregivers:
I am really hoping this spring weather sticks around and takes us quickly into summer. We had a busy week at Lawrence and now we are looking forward to the vacation week – I hope you are too. Perhaps you have some exciting plans – if so, enjoy!
The big gym was booming today with excitement and activity. Our PE/health teachers led the K-5 community in a jump roping session – It was awesome and some of the teachers and staff got up at the end to jump rope too! Darren Martinez and Molly Centore had some tight moves!
In other news:
- Our 8th grade families will be getting information very soon about the end-of-year trips planned for June 14th and June 15th – stay tuned!
- If you have questions about the 8th grade graduation, please reach out to Maureen Fallon or Kelly Pesanelli – They have been super helpful in answering questions about the event – what to wear, time, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- We are seeking parents/caregivers to participate in interviewing for the two open Vice Principal positions. The time commitment will be up to 5 hours and meetings will take place after school. I will be coordinating the interviews and Monica Crowley and other school-based staff will be a part of the interviews as well. Please send me a line via email if you are interested in participating!
- We are seeking 2 parent/caregiver representatives for School Council. You are invited to submit a Statement of Interest by April 27th to serve as a parent representative on the Lawrence School Council. School Council parent/caregiver positions are held for two year terms. Two parent terms will be ending this spring, and can be filled by returning or new parent representatives.
Nuts + Bolts:
- School Council meets 1 day per month, typically for one hour on Tuesday mornings.
- According to law, the School Council acts in an advisory capacity to the principal on matters related to school improvement and helps to identify school goals and develop the annual school improvement plan.
- The School Council is comprised of school staff, parents/caregivers and administration.
- If there are more than two candidates interested in the seats, we will hold an election in May. Any parent/caregiver is welcome to run for School Council.
Information about the week back from April vacation:
Tuesday, April 24th
- Understanding Our Differences in grade 4 @ 10:30 am- Spectrum of Sound
- K-7 student design submissions due to Shelly Magno for YEARBOOK cover!
Wednesday, April 25th
Thursday, April 26th
- VP forum with Greg Porter for grades 6-8 @ 8 am in the cafeteria
- Evening conferences
Friday, April 27th
- Community Meeting in the Big Gym @ 8:20 am
- (Optional) Class placement feedback forms due to A. Hart
- 2nd grade field trip to Wheelock Theatre 9:30 am - 1pm
- International Night 5- 7 pm
Enjoy your tribe!
All my best,