2020-21 Interim Superintendent Search
Process and Timeline for 2020 Interim Superintendent Search
The Public Schools of Brookline invite qualified candidates to apply for the position of Interim Superintendent for the 2020-2021 school year. The successful candidate for the position should:
- Be appropriately MA DESE licensed or licensed eligible
- Have 5 years of prior experience as a Superintendent of Schools
- Be familiar with the current short-term and long-term initiatives in Brookline;
- Have demonstrated the ability to lead our schools and move our long-term initiatives forward from day one;
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a Master’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Have experience and knowledge of school finance and budget development and management. Experience with curriculum and school-based technology.
- Possess knowledge of collective bargaining issues, including an ability to recruit, develop, and retain high-quality staff
- Possess knowledge of state and town government functions
The Interim Superintendent will not be considered as a candidate for the permanent Superintendent role.
The School Committee offers a contract and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should include a letter of interest, résumé, 3 current references, and appropriate MA DESE licensure to email@example.com. The posting will remain open until the position is filled, though the Screening Committee intends to begin review of applications on April 9, 2020 and begin interviews the week of April 13, 2020.
The Screening Committee is committed to helping in the fight to slow the spread of COVID-19 and will therefore likely conduct all interviews virtually.
To submit an application, please click on our human resources portal.