Summary Timeline of Renaming Process
- Outreach about Naming Process to staff and families in the Coolidge Corner School community, members of the Town Naming Committee, the Select Board, the Ad Hoc Task Force on School Names, the petitioners who created Warrant Article 20 to rename the school, and Devotion School alumni to get additional input on the process before it is finalized.
September 1 - December 10, 2018: Launch Process and Public Outreach
- Public Outreach about Naming Process.
- Coolidge Corner School community works together to identify the characteristics that embody the school’s core values of "Work Hard, Be Kind, Help Others" and what they are looking for in a school name.
- Creation and Organization of the Nominations Committee.
December 10, 2018 - January 23, 2019: Community Submits Nominations
- Nominations submitted by public, PSB students, Coolidge Corner School community.
- Coolidge Corner School community forums about the Naming Process.
- Initial Meetings of Nominations Committee to support them on team building, context, and historical perspectives, including various trainings with various stakeholders that will support their work.
January 23 - March 27, 2019: Reviewing Nominations and Identifying Semi-Finalists
- Nominations Committee considers all nominations and selects semi-finalists.
March 27 - April 26, 2019: Reviewing Semi-Finalists and Identiying Finalists
- Nominations Committee presents semi-finaists names to the public. Community members will rank and provide feedback on the semi-finalists to the Nominations Committee, in which a small number of finalists to be forwarded to the full School Committee.
May - June 2019: School Committee selects Recommended Name
- School Committee holds Public Hearings on finalists names, deliberates, and decides on one name to recommend to the Town’s Naming Committee.
- Town Naming Committee considers name recommended by School Committee.
- Warrant Article submitted for Town Meeting to consider and vote on a new, permanent school name.