Students Seeking Special Education Evaluations
Brookline Residents whose children have been referred for or suspect their children require a special education evaluation are eligible to do so through the Public Schools of Brookline, regardless of enrollment status. If your child attends a private school, you may seek an evaluation and potentially receive services through the Public Schools of Brookline if found eligible.
- Contact the Educational Team Facilitator for your zoned school
- Your first step is to contact the school assigned to your address and speak to the Educational Team Facilitator.
- If you are not sure what your school zone is, or live in a “Buffer Zone”, contact the Office of Student Affairs for assistance.
- For students in grades 9-12, please contact the Special Education Office at Brookline High School (617-713-5076).
- For Early Education (ages 3-5), contact Elizabeth Preston (617-713-5473).
- After you liaise with the Educational Team Facilitator, they will inform you and the staff of the Office of Student Affairs as to next steps.
Pre-RegistrationYou will pre-register as a Brookline Resident with the Office of Student Affairs. Pre-Registration begins with an online application and should be completed only by those families who meet the Residency Requirements. If you are a visitor, please review "Visitors and Public School Enrollment". Pre-registration begins with the Registration Gateway. Begin with the online application by clicking the "Pre-Registration" button below:*For Apple users, please note: Registration Gateway is only supported on OSX 10.7 and higher (10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11).
- Enter in all requested demographic data as requested by our application questionnaire. Please allow yourself ample time to complete the application questionnaire. We recommend using a non-mobile device to complete this task if possible, as it is easier with access to a keyboard.
- Make an appointment for your pre-registration Meeting
Pre-Registration meetings will take place with staff from the Office of Student Affairs
- Please bring the child for whom you are registering, the original documents, and required forms filled out.
- Each family will produce health and immunizations to a school nurse
- Children who may require English Language services will receive a pre-screening to determine need at the time of their Pre-Registration meeting
The Office of Student Affairs enters your student as a private school student receiving services.
You will be notified, and the Team Facilitator will contact you to begin the evaluation process.