Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have signed a purchase and sale. Can I register, even if I haven't closed on the home?
- What if I cannot produce both required proofs?
- What if I do not pay for utilities, or if none of the utility bills are in my name?
- What is a buffer zone?
- When are school assignments made?
- Are buffer assignments made on a first-come, first-served basis? Should I come on the first day?
- I just moved to Brookline with my school-age children. What steps do I take?
- We are moving to Brookline from outside of the United States. Is there anything special I need?
- How do I access the online enrollment application?
- I do not have internet access at home. How can I complete the online enrollment application?
- How do I schedule a registration appointment with the Office of Registration and Enrollment team?
English Learner Education (ELE) Screenings
- What is English Learner Education (ELE)?
- Why does my child need an ELE screening?
- What happens during an ELE screening?
Current Families - Relocation, Re-Enrollment, and Residency Verification
- My family moved to another address in Brookline after registering, what should we do?
- Can our students remain at their current school if we move in town, but outside that school zone?
- Is providing a child’s birth certificate necessary to enroll in or attend the Public Schools of Brookline?