Welcome to the Public Schools of Brookline!
We are glad you are here and interested in enrolling your child in our public schools! Our mission is to ensure that every student develops the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a productive and fulfilling life, participate thoughtfully in a democracy, and succeed in a diverse and evolving global society.
Who is eligible to register?
In order to register for school, you and your children must be residents of Brookline and provide proof that the family lives in Brookline.
- If you are planning to move to Brookline and hope to enroll your student(s), you may begin to fill out the application when you are able to present documentation that verifies your Brookline address (i.e. leasing agreement, purchase and sale agreement). However, please note that your student(s) cannot begin schooling until they are physically residing in Brookline and have completed all placement determinations with their school-based staff.
Temporary residence in Brookline (e.g. 4 weeks or less) or for the sole purpose of attending public schools, will not be considered as residency.
- To attend the Public Schools of Brookline, a student must reside in the Town of Brookline. A student’s primary residence is the place where s/he dwells permanently, not temporarily, and is the place that is the center of his or her domestic, social and civic life.
- The primary residence of a minor child is presumed to be the legal residence of the parent(s) or guardian(s) who have physical custody of the child. It is presumed that if a student is or will be residing here for four weeks or less, the student does not meet resident eligibility requirements and cannot be enrolled.
- If you intend to change addresses during the registration process or will be transitioning from a temporary residence to a permanent residence in Brookline, you must present proofs of residency for both addresses in order to enroll your student(s).
Under State and Federal law, your child will always have a place in the Brookline Schools. None of Brookline's K-8 schools, or the high school, will ever turn away a student who meets the residency requirements above. Please be mindful of school zones and buffer zones when registering your child for school in Brookline.
Enrolling Your Student
2023-2024 School Year (CURRENT School Year)
All Grade Levels:
Students registering for Kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 31, 2023.
Requests for Special Education Evaluations should register for the 2023-2024 School Year.
2024-2025 School Year (NEXT School Year, classes begin starting September 2024)
Application for Pre-Registration available as follows:
January 8, 2024
Students registering for Kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 31, 2024.
March 1, 2024
March 1, 2024*
- Families must receive an acceptance letter from BEEP in order to complete the online enrollment application and schedule an appointment with the Office of Registration and Enrollment.
- Applications for the 2024-2025 school year are due by January 15, 2024. Applications received after the deadline will be added to our wait list. Brookline residency is required to apply.
- To complete the online application on the BEEP website, please visit https://www.brookline.k12.ma.us/Page/978
As you prepare to register your student, we respectfully request that you submit your application no more than 6 weeks prior to your arrival, and that you schedule your enrollment interview no more than 2 weeks prior to your date of occupancy of your Brookline address (i.e. when your students will be living in Brookline). You must be occupying your home in Brookline currently, or planning to be within 6 weeks, to proceed with registration.
The application process and documentation required are different based on the grade level of the student.
Click on the links below to begin the registration process:
Address:Office of Registration Enrollment
Public Schools of Brookline
333 Washington Street, 4th Floor
Brookline, MA 02445Our office dropbox is located in the left vestibule as you enter the main entrance of Brookline Town Hall.Registration is completed by appointment only.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.If your family requires accommodations outside our posted appointment hours due to extraordinary circumstances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Phone: (617) 264-6492
Fax: (617) 730-2601
The Public Schools of Brookline do not discriminate in its programs, facilities, employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, disability, pregnancy, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals' dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.