Step 1: Verify Eligibility

Verify Eligibility
  • The Office of Registration & Enrollment will verify documentation for your student(s) during the registration appointment.

    Documentation needed to register your student for Special Education Evaluation and Services with the Public Schools of Brookline includes:

    House Proofs of you and your student(s) residency in the Town of Brookline OR your student(s) active enrollment at an independent or private institution located in the Town of Brookline.

    Calendar Proofs that verify your student's name, date of birth, previous school history, and other helpful documents to support your student.

    Nurses Cross in Heart Proofs that indicate your student meets all the health requirements to enter Public Schools in the State of Massachusetts.

    You must still provide all of the required documents even if you have previously enrolled other students in the Public Schools of Brookline, and/or you are re-enrolling your students again after withdrawing from PSB and are looking to return to Brookline.

    You are required to provide these documents to your registration appointment.  Any documents regarding your residence in Brookline must be active and dated within 45 days of the appointment date.

    All documents presented must provide student demographic information (e.g. first and last name) in English. Please provide translations of the original documents are intended for English readers. All translations should be completed by a third-party professional translator or translation service prior to your appointment. 

    Student Records

    Students who attend an independent or private institution in the Town of Brookline may request to receive Special Education Services through the Public Schools of Brookline without enrollment. However, they must provide proof of their active enrollment through student records such as transcripts and progress reports.

    All students entering PSB for special education services must complete a Records Release Form. This agreement allows our staff to communicate with your student(s) current institution and access any additional records. The records required for registration depend on the grade that your student is entering. Each grade level and the corresponding required records are found below.

    Please also present any records or documents relating to a student's Special Education services, Individualized Education Program (IEP), 504 Plan, or English Learner Education (ELE) records, if applicable.

    • Grades 1-8: Most recent report card and/or progress report
    • Grade 9: Grade 7 and Grade 8 transcripts
    • Grade 10: Grade 8 and Grade 9 transcripts
    • Grade 11: Grade 9 and Grade 10 transcripts
    • Grade 12: Grade 9, Grade 10, and Grade 11 transcripts

Required Documents

Health Requirements