Budget Development Process
The purpose of budget development is to estimate the funds required to operate the school departments' educational and support programs for the coming year. Budget development includes the formulation and distribution of individual school and department budget preparation materials and the synthesis of these into a Superintendent’s proposed budget each February 15th. Following the Brookline School Committee’s Budget Directives and Financial Guidelines, a budget is prepared and forwarded to the Committee for approval annually. Once approved, the budget is forwarded to the Town’s Advisory Committee and Town Meeting for review and bottom line approval.
Budget analysis includes the compilation and analysis of budget, revenue, and expenditure data. Budget analysis permits the dissemination of financial information for administrative and School Committee decision-making, state reporting requirements, and citizen information.
FY22 Preliminary Budget Documents
- Please consider the environment before printing the Budget Documents.
- The Town of Brookline and Public Schools of Brookline is leading by example by not printing the Budget Document unless requested from the Office of Administration and Finance.
- Please be aware that the Budget Documents are designed to be viewed from a screen and the printed version will look distorted.
Budget Development Documents and Presentations
- Town Meeting PSB FY22 Budget Presentation
- 2021 PSB Annual Town Meeting Packet Revised 05.20.2021
- School Committee Budget Presentation and Vote - 04.29.21
- Advisory Committee Budget Presentation - 04.20.21
- School Committee Budget Presentation - 04.08.21
- School Finance Subcommittee Budget Presentation - 04.06.21
- School Committee Budget Presentation - 03.25.21
- School Finance Subcommittee Expense Budgets Presentation - 03.11.2021
- School Finance Subcommittee Expense Budgets Meeting Recording - 03.11.2021
- Presentation to AC Schools Subcommittee - 03.10.2021
- School Committee Budget Presentation - 03.04.2021
- School Committee Budget Presentation - 02.11.2021
(School Committee VOTED UNANIMOUSLY on 02.11.2021 to request for the purposes of the Town Financial Plan, $125,825,945 of Town Revenue)
- FY 2022 Budget Update - 02.04.2021
- School Committee Budget Presentation - 01.21.2021
- Budget Guidelines Memo Draft 1.6.21
For FY 2021 Budget documents see Budget Development Archive in the menu options on the left side of the screen.